Private voice lessons are an excellent opportunity for students to get the one-on-one instruction and feedback that they don’t always get in choir. Keep in mind, voice lessons benefit any student regardless of prior skill-level, experience, or choir they are in. As South students are very committed both in and out of school, it is a priority to make voice lessons more accessible to our students at South. Please fill out the following form as it will give great information for our development of a more accessible voice lesson program! Voice Lesson Interest Form
The address for the blog has changed! It is the same blog with just a shorter, less wordy address! The blog can now be found at:
Symphonic Choir and Advanced Women parents and students, be on the look out for Music Day, Saturday, 9/6 from 8AM-2PM, information coming your way soon!
Starting at 10:30AM on Wednesday, August 20th
, we need a little help from the students and parents to accomplish the following:
-Robe inventory, hanging, and organizing
-Music Library Work
-Big Choir Sign painted and left to dry
-Chairs counted and set for First Day of School
-Hanging some signs in the Room
Anyone is welcome to come and go throughout the day and Mr. McLean may even provide some pizza for lunch! We will be done around 2PM.
If you are still needing to sing/meet Mr. McLean, this would be an excellent opportunity for you to do so!
This year’s Choir Calendar has gone digital! We will be using a Google Calendar this year. It can be accessed a number of different ways:
Google Users and Students (All students @southsaxons.com email addresses are Google Accounts) –
- Click HERE to access the calendar through your own Google account (you may need to log in)
***You may also click the “+Google Calendar” Button located on the bottom of “Upcoming In Choir’ just to the right***
- iPhone, iPad and iOS device users click HERE to subscribe on your device once you have opened the calendar in a web browser.
- Android Phone and Tablet users click HERE to subscribe on your device
Non-Google Users and/or Only Viewing/Printing
Using the calendar this way will allow us to access it more readily, update it as necessary, and make sure that parents, students, and director are all on the same page. The calendar will update automatically as changes are made, so no need to request an updated one from the Choir Office! If you have questions about the calendar, please send them to email@example.com
Saxon Start Up Day is our kickoff to a new and exciting school year! There are a number of things to be aware of that involves Choir on this day.
- Symphonic Choir will have a meeting from 12:00-12:30 in the Choir Room. Your attendance is strongly recommended.
- Anyone new to Choir at South or needing to audition for Mr. McLean can sing for him anytime from 12:30-5:00PM. Please see him at the Choir Table we will have set up near the front entrance of the school to arrange your time! If you will not be at Start Up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.
- We need your help recruiting new, awesome choir members! Start Up day is a great day to encourage new students to South, or returning students, that Choir is a great fine arts elective that will be fun, help them meet new people, be a part of a tradition of success, and learn s few things along the way. If you can help with this at anytime on Start Up or have great recruitment ideas, please email email@example.com.
- Prior to Start Up, we are preparing for that day, and the year, by having a Choir Room Work Day from 12:00-4:00. Students and parents are welcomed and encouraged to come lend a hand to help us start off on the right track
All students, parents, community members, and alumni are encouraged to follow the South Salem Choir on Twitter! On the left (if you are using a computer and not a tablet or phone) you can simply click “Follow” if you already have a Twitter account. If you are on a tablet or phone, please follow us through the use of your web browser or App. If you do not have a Twitter account and would like to receive the Twitter announcements in the form of a text message sent directly to you, please CLICK HERE
If you have questions about Choir Program Information (i.e. What time does the concert start? What class period does Advanced Women’s Choir meet? What is “Concert Dress” for my son in Men’s Choir?) please email the South Salem Choir Office email at firstname.lastname@example.org Please know that this email will be monitored and run by Mr. McLean and you may receive responses from Mr. McLean, volunteer parents, or student leaders throughout the year to various questions. If there are individual concerns, please send those to Mr. McLean’s email which can be found on the SSHS webpage.